Friday, July 02, 2010

Quickie update!

Not a lot of time for blogging of late, as I've been working very hard and long hours at my new job for Megacorp. Still, I've been able to see a lot of birds on my drives to and from work in a nearby town, and I got a pretty decent list together the other day. These birds were seen on the road between State College and Houtzdale, PA, including Osceola Mills and Philipsburg, PA:
Veery--I finally heard a veery singing on territory! The two veeries I'd seen before now were both silent. This guy was flutin' and tootin' from a high branch in a beautiful birch tree.
Red-eyed Vireo
Eastern Towhee
Red-winged Blackbird
Bluejay
Wood Thrush
Song Sparrow
Gray Catbird
Northern Flicker
American Crow
Mourning Dove
Turkey Vulture
Rock Pigeon
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
Tree Swallow
Wild Turkey--3 adults and 17 poults!
Common Grackle
Chimney Swift
Cedar Waxwing
Common Raven
Northern Cardinal
American Robin

The coolest thing about this job has been that I'm outside all day, so I see a lot of birds. My sales territory is largely rural and heavily wooded areas, hence the thrushes above. The interesting thing is that I have found many spots where I can pretty much guarantee I'll see a particular bird(s) at any given time of day or evening. Territorialism reigns supreme in the bird world. I've also been happy to see so many gawky adolescent birds out there, still working on their plumage and needing a hand (or a worm) from Mom or Dad now and then. Young birds are just the cutest!

Things are okay these days, with AB working hard on her school stuff and me trying hard to sell, sell, sell. At least it's a good product, though all megacorps have their drawbacks. The benefits are great, the commissions are amazing, and I'm hoping that I'm working my way into a rhythm so I can start socking away some money for our future.

Hope you're seeing lots of good birds yourself, as we wait for the long summer to wind down and the fall migration to begin! (You know me, always keeping my eyes to the future.)

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so happy that you've found a job you enjoy. I'm impressed by that list!

Rabbits' Guy said...

Nose to the grindstone, eyes for the birds!

Beth said...

Missed your blog posts - glad to hear all is well. Keep selling. Keep birding!

dguzman said...

Lisa--Hey, you! Glad you stopped by.

Rabbits Guy--that's it, sir!

Beth--you too--I've missed your posts. Hope you're back to blogging too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

外遇---偷來的時間、偷來的伴侶、偷來的愛情
或許新鮮刺激,或許瘋狂美好,但這一切,終究是偷來的…
外遇傷害了一個幸福的家庭
或許你會說:問題其實早已存在,外遇並不是傷害的唯一因素
但是內心深處其實你知道,這只是外遇的藉口!
建築在傷害別人之下所得到的愛情,終究難以幸福…

Anonymous said...

顫抖著手,我拿不穩那份薄薄的離婚協議書
早知道他的出軌,癡心的守候最後他終究還是想要離婚
朋友勸我抓姦,但是我擔心他一氣之下會決裂的提出離婚要求
我愛他,願意作出一切只為挽回
所以我等、我默不吭聲、我在他面前強顏歡笑
多少夜裡,他用敷衍的藉口不歸
而我假裝相信,卻淚濕了枕頭...
顫抖著手,我拿不穩那份薄薄的離婚協議書
啞著聲音,我告訴他我絕對不會離婚去成全他們
只是,我不知道不離婚,懲罰的是他們,還是我自己...