Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wildflowers on a beautiful morning

The following wildflower ID's courtesy of Roger Tory Peterson's Peterson's First Guides: Wildflowers.

Forget-me-not

Dame's rocket--thought it was a phlox, but it only has four petals

Common blue violet

Common strawberry

Daisy fleabane

Wild parsnip or Golden Alexander? I can't tell.

Is this a tiger swallowtail?

Wild columbine

Common buttercup

Mystery flower--anyone?

With apologies to Alice Walker, in my mind, cows make a landscape more beautiful.

Eastern bluebird--I was too slow to snap her while she was feeding her babies, then she flew up to the wire. I waited, but she was more patient than I, and I figured she might be too shy to feed them with me watching so I drove on.

2 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

I think I know that one flower you're not sure of, but can't come up with a name at the moment.

The forget-me-nots are beautiful!

dguzman said...

Yes they are. That's such a beautiful shade of blue. Nature rocks!