Friday, February 26, 2010

My last Texas birding weekend

My big brother (my only brother) Ricardo is here for the weekend so we can celebrate his 50th birthday. Pretty hard to believe that old turd is half a century old! Tomorrow, we're going to see his son Victor play in a band competition; he's only in 8th grade but he's in the high school drum corps! That musical talent runs in the family, you know.

Anyway, it's my last weekend here in Texas before I leave Tuesday for Pennsylvania, so sister Mary is coming down and we're going to bird some places in the San Antonio area, hoping to see what would be a really early-returning Golden-cheeked Warbler. I don't want to leave here without seeing one, but then again, I won't put off my trip to wait for one either. It's tough, but I'm ready to get back to Penna and see my gal AB again.

I'm hoping to go to a few different places, take advantage of the spring-like weather we've been having, and catch some early migrants. The local birds have been singing and winging their little hearts out, and it seems like spring is already coming to South Texas. Let's hope we see a few cool species.

As always, I'll bring along the camera and get snaps of whatever cool birds we see.

4 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Have fun you crazy kid.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Oh yeah, if you come through via interstate 81 on your way to PA and you don't stop off to visit me, I'll never speak to you again.

KGMom said...

While we here in PA will welcome you back, with party hats on and dancing in the streets, you do know you are leaving spring weather to come back to the SNOWIEST month on record?

Bring some spring with you.

Susan Gets Native said...

And a pit stop in lovely, scenic Ohio to boot!
:)