Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Matty gets the job done


This past Saturday, I was honored to attend the graduation of my friend Matthew Callahan from Penn State with his doctorate in Social Psych. Flockers Susan and Laura met him earlier this year and got to witness his truly brilliant and biting wit and personality. He's my rock, my mentor, my friend, and now he's Dr. Matty McMatterson, aka Dr. Faggot, aka Dr. Gaaa-aaaa-aaaay! (He studies sexual prejudice and sexism, hence the nicknames.)

Congratulations, Matty!
Advisor Dr. Terri Vescio and Dr. Matthew Callahan

8 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Way to go friend of Delia!

KGMom said...

Any friend of Delia's is A-OK by me.
And congrats on completion of the long arduous journey to doctor-dom. Seriously, getting a doctorate is a l-o-n-g drawn-out process.
Live long and prosper--friend of Delia's.

Angry Ballerina said...

Hes a Dr?
Can he look at this spot on my ass???

In otherness,
Congrats!

Fran said...

He's your friend, his name is Matty- sounds cool to me.

I know he is not that other Matty, but there's always room for more!

Congrats on the DR Matty!!!

Susan Gets Native said...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. He's a flippin' DOCTOR now???

Congrats, Matty dear.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Congratulations, Dr. Matty.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Dr. Matty!

LauraHinNJ said...

Oh how cool!

(Sorry I missed this sooner.)

Congrats Matty! What's he gonna do next?