Monday, December 29, 2008

Cool clouds on a sunny day

The temperature warmed up yesterday to a balmy 45 degrees, though it's a little cooler today. I didn't go birding, but I did find some cool clouds:
A fine example of melting butter clouds. In this next photo, I'm hoping you can see that it kinda looked like a bunch of little scoops of clouds, little swirls. My phone's camera didn't do too good a job of capturing it, but try to use your imagination and click for huger:

On this same road today at lunchtime, I saw a pretty red female American Kestrel. I loves me some kestrels.

9 comments:

Splotchy said...

Very nice cloudy clouds!

Tina said...

I like your sky pictures and I think you caught some nice images with your cell phone! Hope you are doing well and had a great Holiday season.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I like the Kestrels, too!

NCmountainwoman said...

Aren't kestrels the greatest? I love seeing them on the telephone poles. What beautiful clouds. A great midwestern sky.

RG said...

It's a giant snow-flake!!!!

Fran said...

You know, when I see cool clouds I always think of you D!

dguzman said...

Splotchy--kinda splotchy, no?

Tina--thanks, and same to you!

Matty Boy--they're the coolest raptor, IMO.

NCMtnWoman--yup.

Rabbits' Guy--that's it!

Fran--that's sweet.

Anonymous said...

I think about you, too, when I see cool clouds! And I've developed a habit that annoys my family. When I see a hawk on a wire, for example, I point it out, but I'm usually too late for anyone else to see it.

Earl Cootie said...

Melting butter. What a perfect description!