Monday, August 02, 2010

It's that time again!

I just got the updated link for the Cape May Autumn Migration Weekend schedule! Yay yay yay!

I've been getting really excited about the upcoming migration, having missed it last year -- at least, I missed the eastern migration line, having been in Texas for most of it last year. (And I didn't get to do near enough birding down there, but that's what WORK will do for you!) I've been talking with Susan and Laura and my bff Gretchen about getting a big gang -- the Flock! -- to go again this year!

It's been almost two years since my whirlwind trip to Cape May to meet up with the Flock again, and a full THREE YEARS since the first little Flock fledglings -- Susan at Lake Life, LauraHinNJ, Susan Gets Native, and I -- met at Cape May and I got to meet such showy nationally known birds as Birdchick, John from A DC Birding Blog (who now helps so much with IDs on this blog), Amy the Wildbird on the Fly, and Jay from BirdJam! Now, the Flock has grown by leaps and bounds, migrating all over the country, and I've missed so many of these gatherings.

So here's my wish: I'm hoping we can get as many Flock members as possible to go this year -- it's simply not to be missed! Come on, all of you people in my birdy links list! I mean, Pete Dunne will be there! Bill of the Birds will be there! And it's Cape May!

I'm sure hoping YOU will be there -- especially those of you I haven't met. So if you've got some vacation time coming, and a few pennies hidden away for a little bird-related splurge, come to Cape May!

6 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

Yay!
Still waiting to hear about that lodging choice. Will let you know.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Have a great time, dg.

dguzman said...

Susan--cool!

Matty Boy--wish you could jet across the country and be there too!

LauraHinNJ said...

Already I'm looking forward to it!

RG said...

Yes ... some of us shall enjoy the experience via blog posts! But it sounds exciting for all.

Actually sounds quite abit for the birds!

dguzman said...

Laura--me too!

Rabbits' Guy--I'll give detailed reports!