Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The new camera is here!

Oh joy and rapture! I'm looking at my new Kodak Z712 IS -- and it's a beautiful thing! Sadly, I had calculus and housecleaning to do last night, but I did get to read the manual (I'm a dork) and fiddle with buttons. I also took some photos!

I have yet to try my old camera's memory card in this new camera; I did, however, see an option in the menus for formatting cards. I'm guessing that will likely delete the photos (including the last fateful digiscoped crow photo) on it, though. But we'll see. Maybe not.

Here's Kat makin' it happen on her comps.

She'll be done on Friday. Whew!

Here's a cute photo of Clawsie, who seems to be saying, "Oh please, must you take my photo again? Blasted papparazzi."

And finally, a northern flicker! Or at least a photo of my calendar at work, with next month's Northern Flicker photo, copyright Maslowski Productions.


Well--better go. I will have better photos and stuff later, although tonight's another busy night with meetings etc., and then tomorrow night is calculus again.... ugh! This whole work and school thing really gets in the way of my birding and blogging. Sheesh.

7 comments:

Mary said...

So, how do you like it? Your photos look nice and crisp to me! You need to play hooky from school and take pictures.

dguzman said...

I LOVE IT--I can't wait to take more pics! That 12x zoom is sooooo cool.

Fran said...

Whooo hooo again. This is great. 12x zoom is very cool for you.

Camera mazel tov to you. (1/2 Jewish, what can I tell you?)

dguzman said...

Sorry folks, but Delia's busy doing a little camera "hora" right now, right here in her cubey...

Susan Gets Native said...

Taking pictures of pictures of birds.
You have gone off the deep end of New-Camera-dom.

Larry said...

I love getting new stuff like that! Have fun with it!

dguzman said...

Yeah, Susan, it's probably the best bird picture I'll ever take!

Thanks, Larry!