Friday, December 22, 2006

End-of-year meme

I saw a meme on Patrick Belardo's HawkOwl's Nest blog that basically requires you to enter just the first sentence of the first entry of each month of 2006. So--I started beginning to bird in June--

June: This web site is especially for people new to birding, like me.

July: This weekend, I saw a bobolink--during the Penn's Cave wildlife tour.

August: Well, it's happened. [here, the computer had blown up and I lost a lot of photos and files.]

September: I finally purchased a birding book written in this century: Stokes Field Guide to Birds, Eastern and Central Region.

October: What's this? [the monarch chrysalis I'd been watching for a MONTH had finally turned into a live monarch]

November: From Mike McDowell who got it from Nuthatch: [a meme about birding]

December: Today, the sun was blazing for the first time in a while, so I grabbed the Condor and the camera and set up a little station for myself. [my first really good digiscoping with a real scope]

No comments: