Thursday, February 08, 2007

More from Cape May

The sunset that evening at Cape May was spectacular. Kat's photos captured it beautifully:



The sunset from the shoreline; this photo below is one of my favorites; it's like one of those modern art paintings where it's just a layer of red on a layer or blue or something, but this is natural layers of beautiful intense color and texture.:






This was the last photo we took at the lighthouse:


We then went over to Sunset Beach, and we saw firsthand what the hype was all about; these last photos are mine:



What a great weekend on the coast. I can't wait to go back to Cape May in the spring or summer, when the birds will be warm and happy and breeding. Maybe in a few months I'll have another Cape May post. In the meantime, any help with those duck IDs would be appreciated! I'm wondering if maybe that one with the grayish-blue bill was a ruddy duck?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful! I especially love the third one down. The color of the sky is phenomenal!

LauraHinNJ said...

Isn't Cape May just the most wonderful place?

I've never managed to be a sunset Beach at sunset, but your pics are beautiful!

dguzman said...

Cape May is definitely a great place; I can't wait to go back in better weather.

Mary said...

I've never been to Cape May. Your photos are drawing me there... Beautiful!