It seems my bloggy buddy FranIAm has given me a "Blogging Star" award! Cool! Fran's posts about politics, family, religion, and other important topics have made me think, laugh, fume, and wonder. Her recent posts about going to the Holy Land are especially moving.
So now I get to pick five other stars--like I'm going supernova and creating more little points of light to twinkle in the heavens. It's difficult to keep it to only five because I'm blessed to know of so many great bloggers out there sharing their worlds and their viewpoints! But I'll try:
1. Mary at Mary's View--at once funny and touching, Mary's views on the world are always right-on, and her photography is quite simply stunning.
2. Julie Zickefoose--NPR commentator, bird-walk-leader extraordinaire, Science Chimp, wife, mether, singer, and all-around coolness personified, Julie's encyclopedic knowledge of all things bird, plant, and animal is enough to make me think she is actually Jeeves the answer-guy, with a shining-bright soul.
3. Distributor Cap in NY--witty, bitingly sarcastic, whip-smart and worldly, D-Cap is one of my heroes. He's always insightful, informed, and ready to speak truth to power.
4. Matty Boy at Lotsa 'Splainin--from his Gigantic Child BridesTM, math superpowers, great sense of humor and irony, and political commentary--not to mention his always-hilarious comments on Princess Sparkle Pony's blog--Matty introduced me to a larger world. Dguzman says check him out.
5. Laura H in New Jersey--If I had a "blogging mother," whose thoughts on nature, literature, and life were my inspiration and my touchstone, it would be Laura. Her beautiful photos and lyrical prose are always a balm for my weary soul.
Whew! It's a wonder I get anything else done, what with reading the amazing blogs of these and other stars out there. You guys light my universe!