Friday, June 12, 2009

Out standing in their field

Sorry this is so blurry -- it's on super-zoom on a cloudy day. I often see this turkey (or many like him) on my way to and from work.



This guy looks like a cow version of that shepherd dog Sam from the Wile E./Ralph Coyote cartoons.




Apparently, this goat often sits or stands on these cows. I think he's standing on this cow or one right behind him. He's definitely not on the ground, though. The other day, the cow was standing and the goat was curled up on the cow's back. Sadly, we just got laying-down cows today, which must mean more rain.



7 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Huh? Laying-down cows means rain?
I've never heard that one.

Showed the picture to Art. He loves him some goats.

lisahgolden said...

The cow/goat thing is hilarious! And yes, he/it does look like the cartoon.

Mary said...

You always make me smile, Delia!

Bandobras said...

You're hairy Cow there is a Highland Cow. If you here it you'll recognize the brogue.
Don't even ask about the kilts they'll go on forever.

dguzman said...

Lynne--you never heard that? I've also heard it means good fishing. ?

Lisa--hee hee!

Mary--back at ya!

Bandobras--welcome! Love your comment!

Kyle said...

Where was this picture taken? I just saw a very similar scene on Sunday in Bellefonte PA.

dguzman said...

Hi Kyle--that IS Bellefonte, PA in my pic -- that cow with the goat on his back can be found on Weaver Hill Road near I-99/Rte 220 in Bellefonte. At least he could be found with the goat on him back then -- that was a couple of years ago. I haven't seen him in a while.

Thanks for visiting the blog! I'm both adding this comment into the blog post and emailing you to be sure you'll get it.