Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tribute to a friend of a friend

Back in March when I was driving back to PA from my California-Texas odyssey, Niblet and I had the wonderful opportunity to "get native" and stay with my good friend Susan and her family, including her sweet pup Nellie:I just found out that Nellie passed on last month; I've been checking my favorite blogs only sporadically lately, as I'm often working until 9 or later every night. But tonight I read this post, and it made me think of the one chance I got to meet Nellie:She was a sneaky kisser, that dog. A sweet and sneaky kisser.

Big big hugs to you and the girls, Susan.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Nice tribute :)

Matthew Hubbard said...

Sorry to see a nice puppy gone.

Susan Gets Native said...

Awwww! You sweet girl, you.

Nellie never met a stranger. I'm so glad you got to meet her. She was special. I miss her so much.

Beth said...

nice tribute, Delia. Nellie sounds like she was quite the special dog - with lots of love to give.

Beth

dguzman said...

She was a sweetie, and I'm so glad I got to meet her, if only once.